The post changed meeting places around town many times. Frank Elliot who was the third Post Commander, leased property to the Post for five years. Frank charged the post one dollar per year for rent. On Armistice Day,1928 the Post broke ground for it's permanent home on Franks land in Snohomish County on the corner of 240th and Meridian. Over the years the Post acquired the deed to the property. On October 6, 1967 the Post sold that 28 acres.
On December 13, 1967, Harry Kveum sold part of his property on the Bothell-Everett Highway to the Post. On September 27, 1968 ground was broken for the new Post. In September 2010 the Post sold this property. Members met at the Maltby Community Center from October 2010 through June 2011 while we searched for adequate property to purchase and build a new building.
The Post leased 2 1/2 acres of property on Highway 9 in Woodinville from July 2011 until it officially purchased the land in March 2012. The Post worked with Snohomish County to approve a conditional use permit on the front acreage to allow us to reconstruct the existing house into a meeting hall. In May 2015 Snohomish County approved the conditional use on the front property. Plans for a new meeting hall have begun.
The new building demolition and construction began January 2016 with a grand opening date of July 4, 2016. Unforturnately the building took longer than expected, open house was held on March 4, 2017.
JOIN US AND KEEP THIS HISTORY ALIVE !